Better Search replaces the default WordPress search engine with a more powerful search engine that gives search results relevant to the title and content of the post. This means that visitors to your blog will find what they are looking for quicker than if you didn’t have Better Search installed.
Better Search может искать не только среди записей, но также и среди страниц и произвольных типов записей. Позвольте Вашим посетителям найти то, что они ищут.
The plugin is packed with options to allow you to easily customize the output. You can also fine tune the results by assigning a greater weight to either the title or the content. The default mode is a seamless integration with your WordPress theme. And, for power users, Better Search supports templates for that extra something.
And for even more advanced users, Better Search is packed with filters and actions that allow you to easily extend the plugin’s feature set.
Additionally, the plugin also tracks the searches and you to display a «search heatmap» of the most popular searches. Support for WordPress widgets will allow you to easily add this heatmap to your theme’s sidebar or footer.
- Automatic: Once activated, Better Search will automatically replace your default WordPress search with more relevant search results
- Seamless integration: Search results are perfectly integrated into your theme without the need for custom search templates
- Relevance: Search results are automatically sorted by relevance. You can also turn off relevancy based searching, in which case, results are sorted by date
- Control the results: Search within title, content, excerpt, meta fields, authors, tags and other taxonomies and comments
- Popular searches: Find out what visitors are searching for on your blog. Display a list of popular search terms (daily and overall) on your blog in the form of a heatmap. Widget support for easy integration in your theme as well as a shortcode [[bsearch_heatmap]]
- Customisation: Use your own template file for perfect integration into your blog template. Input your own CSS styles in the Custom Styles tab in the Settings Page. Check the FAQ for more information
- Supports cache plugins: Works with caching plugins like WP-Super-Cache and W3 Total Cache
- Profanity filter: customize the list of stop words that will automatically be filtered out of search queries
- Translation ready: Better Search is translation ready
Better Search is also available on Github
So, if you’ve got some cool feature that you’d like to implement into the plugin or a bug you’ve been able to fix, consider forking the project and sending me a pull request.
Plugins by WebberZone
Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area
Click «Add new» and in the search box enter «Better Search»
Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click «Install Now»
Extract the contents of better-search.zip to wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called better-search.
Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
Goto Settings > Better Search to configure
Goto Appearance > Widgets to add the Popular Searches sidebar widgets to your theme
Optionally visit the Custom Styles tab to add any custom CSS styles. These are added to
wp_headon the pages where the posts are displayed
Часто задаваемые вопросы
If your question isn’t listed there, please create a new post in the WordPress.org support forum. I monitor the forums regularly. If you’re looking for more advanced paid support, please see details here.
Can I customize the output?
Better Search has a huge set of options that help you customize the output or fine tune the results without leaving the comfort of your WordPress site. Goto Settings > Better Search to configure.
The plugin also supports the use of template files within your theme. You can create a file called
better-search-template.phpin your theme’s directory and the plugin will use it to display the results.
My search words are getting filtered or *How does the profanity filter work*
Better Search includes a very cool profanity filter using the script from Banbuilder. You can customize which list of words you want to filter out from the Better Search settings page. Find the setting called «Filter these words:». The plugin will automatically strip out both partial and complete references of these words.
You can turn the filter off by emptying the list.
Know of a better profanity filter? Suggest one in the forums.
Участники и разработчики
«Better Search — Relevant search results for WordPress» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
«Better Search — Relevant search results for WordPress» переведён на 1 язык. Благодарим переводчиков за их работу.
Заинтересованы в разработке?
scorein the order by clause
- New filter:
- Checkbox in admin page always showed as modified
Release post: https://webberzone.com/blog/better-search-v3-2-0/
- Only highlight whole words
- Censor character has been modified to be a blank phrase instead of a space. Additionally multiple spaces will be replaced by a single space.
- Description of the taxonomy is also searched
- mySQL error was generated if there were + signs with banned words in BOOLEAN mode
bsearch_formshortcode incorrect parameters
- Queries with apostrophe gave errors
- PHP 8.1 compatibility
- Security fix when clearing cache
Release post: https://webberzone.com/blog/better-search-v3-1-0/
- New filter
bsearch_template_query_argsin the default template to modify arguments array passed to
- New option Highlight followed links: if enabled, the plugin will highlight the search terms on posts/pages when visits them from the search results page
the_bsearch_excerpt()will now show the relevant part of the excerpt where applicable by default. You can override the arguments by filtering
- New filter
- New argument
get_bsearch_form()set as default to false. Arguments can be modified by overriding the filter
- Highlighting now uses the referer and no longer requires a special query variable
- New argument
- Post thumbnail size was ignored by
- HTML entities were displayed instead of being processed
- Show credit displayed twice
post_typearguments were incorrectly processed when empty
- PHP error in
- Resetting settings caused an infinite loop
- Post thumbnail size was ignored by
Release post: https://webberzone.com/blog/better-search-v3-0-0/
- Bug fixes:
- With seamless mode OFF, by default, all post types were being pulled even those not selected in the settings page
- With seamless mode ON, caching incorrectly gave the same set of results
- Exclude categories didn’t save properly if the field is blanked out
- New options to disable the display of relevance, post type, author, post date and taxonomies list on the custom search results page
- Fixed excerpt_length setting not used in the default template
- All required attributes are now passed to the shortcodes
- New option to disable the automatic addition of the stylesheet
- Custom search results page now displays
- New constant
BETTER_SEARCH_VERSIONthat is used to enqueue scripts and styles
- If no
excerpt_lengthis passed, the plugin will use the default value from the settings page
- Better_Search is only initiated if it is a search results page
- Custom results page excerpt is now highlighted
- If no
- New classes Better_Search_Query and Better_Search. The latter is a wrapper for WP_Query and brings all the power of WP_Query to Better Search. The former is the core class that filters the required functions as well as replaces the older seamless mode implementation
- New settings to search taxonomies, comments, excerpt, meta, authors and comments. These will all return the posts corresponding where the search term is found in the above fields
- New parameter
bydateif set to true will sort posts by date
- Advanced Search form now displays the select dropdown of post types that allows to search a specific post type
- Highlight search terms on pages referred from the search results page
- New stylesheet which is enqueued on search results page and singular posts/pages
bsearch_hellipspan tag for easy access
- Transients will be deleted when the plugin is removed
- Resetting settings caused issues for the default styles and color fields
- Uninstalling didn’t delete the option key from database.
- PHP 5.x support has been dropped and attempting to install the plugin on these installs will throw errors!
- Multitude of functions have been deprecated. Check the deprecated.php file for the full list. Deprecated functions will also throw up a warning
- Aggressive Search mode has been removed