This plugin is a ‘swiss army knife’ of custom fields. It allows you to manipulate them to make it easy the testing and debugging of applications.
This plugin was built in a moment of desperation when I couldn’t access phpMyAdmin in a mu website.
I absolutely needed to manipulate the custom fields for testing and debugging, version 1.0 was up in 4 hours.
In the following months I realized how useful the plugin was and couldn’t work anymore without it. It had become part of my standard toolset.
1 Read/write/delete options, user fields and post fields.
2 Populate the field with an empty array.
3 Insert a date string and translate it into a timestamp or vice versa to emulate specific dates.
4 Change name to a field.
5 Copy any field’s content to any other field (for example, option to user field) even of a different name.
You can contribute to the plugin or just study the code on the Github repo.
- Visit the plugins page within your dashboard and select ‘Add New’;
- Search for ‘Dapre Custom Fields Tools’;
- Activate the plugin from your Plugins page;
Участники и разработчики
«Dapre Custom Fields Tools» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Заинтересованы в разработке?
- Fixed an error in casting a return value.
- Refactored the UI of the meta fields tables to use REACT.
- Meta fields rows can now be added and removed dynamically.
- Bug fixing.
- Fixed visualization bug in first row of meta fields.
- Improved UI
- Moved from AJAX to REST API.
- Updated npm packages versions.
- Built distributable file.
- Refactored CSS to use grid and flexbox instead of tables.
- Refactored CSS to use BEVM coding principles.
- Refactored templates to comply with changes in CSS.
- Added Gulp workflow.
- Refactored code and created new plugin structure to meet the new workflow needs.
- bugfix: plugin left the delete option enabled with non existing meta fields.
- made all strings translatable and escaped output.
- added filter input to avoid accessing $_POST directly.
- Initialized variables containing CSS classes to remove warnings.
- Renamed constant PLUGIN_PATH with PLUGIN_DIRPATH for better clarity.
- Minor code refactoring. Abstracted some common methods.
- Moved conditionals from templates to classes.
- Added PHP version check. Minimum version required is PHP 7.x
- Introduced classes for option fields, user fields and post fields
- Refactored the previous options array. Now there are three arrays instead of one
- It is now possible to also read/write base fields for user fields and post fields (fields that are in the wp_users table and wp_posts table)
- Improved error handling where the user get an error after trying to write on a meta field
- Added colorbox library
- Refactored settings page to make html code cleaner and get ready for the next evolution
- Added copy boxes to allow copy any field to any field even of a different type
- Added rename option box
- Moved the three boxes into tabs
- Switch tabs through JS
- converted plugin to AJAX
- Added actions
- Added checkbox to toggle date string/timestamp
- Possible to add an empty array
- First version, very basic.