Delete Original Image is a WordPress plugin to delete the the original image file uploaded.
The problem that solves, is that the original image file is usually huge (can be >6MB if it is a photograph) and it is never published on the pages, so there is no need to keep it on your server, and it it a must to delete it, if you have limited storage space and you are uploading tons of pictures.
The plugin gives you the option to enable/disable this, to be done automatically when you upload an image.
And/or you can do it in bulk for all your previously uploaded images.
Specifically, this plugin copy the ‘large’ image ( i.e: your-pic-1038×576.jpg ) to the original file path ( i.e.: your-pic.jpg ).
Nothing should brake, all other plugins should keep working, but you need to know that the original image is no longer available on your site, so please do a backup if you think you may need the original images in the future.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/delete-original-imagedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Tools -> Delete Original Image screen to configure the plugin
Часто задаваемые вопросы
- Can I revert the changes?
No. I encourage you to do a backup of your site, or at least your images, in case you want the original, full size image in the future.
- Will I have to change anything on my posts?
No, no other action should be necessary, the original file you uploaded, is replaced with the WordPress
Участники и разработчики
«Delete Original Image» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
- Plugin released
- April 2016. Fixed bug! The plugin failed for images that were not uploaded in the current month
- June 2017. Fixed Readme.txt
- Updated plugin’s and donation’s link