This plugin was developed to solve a redirection issue when navigating from a secured checkout page back to
a non-secured page (or page that you need to have as non-secured—possibly because of non-secured
external links, etc.)
For example, a user comes to your wordpress e-commerce site, locates an item, then navigates to your
secured checkout page. Now the customer, realizes there is something else they need, and instead of clicking
a Continue Shopping link, then click a top category link. Since the customer is in a secured session, wordpress
put the secured protocol on all the links including that category. Now the customer navigates to that
category, but they are still in a secured page session. Now this category page is displaying improperly because
of some external links that did not translate properly into the secured session. Customer is now upset, thinking
that the site design demonstrates the level of incompetence of the shop owner and questions the shop owner’s
integrity to fulfill the customer’s order, so the customer in a behavior of discuss, rapidly leaves the
shop owner’s site and that customer becomes a non-customer!
This plugin resolves this issue by redirecting all non specified checkout (and other non-secured pages)
back to a non-secured page counterpart.
We make honorable mention to anyone who helps make Mavis HTTPS to HTTP Redirect a better plugin!
Support is provided at https://github.com/pingleware/mavis-https-to-http-redirect/issues. You will require a free account on github.com
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the above forum with questions, comments, or requests.
To instal this plugin, follow these steps:
- Download the plugin mavis.zip
- Extract the single file mavis.php
- Extract mavis plugin to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory as new directory will be created identified as ‘mavis-https-to-http-redirect’
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress, identified by ‘Mavis HTTPS to HTTP Redirection’
- Change your site to use pretty permalinks from the ‘Permalinks’ menu in WordPress
- Set your secured page on the ‘Mavis HTTPS/HTTP Redirection’ admin page from the ‘Settings’ menu in WordPress
- If you have more than one secured page, separate each page name using commas (e.g. checkout,confirm)
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Please do not be afraid of asking questions?
(There are no stupid or dumb questions!)
Участники и разработчики
«Mavis HTTPS to HTTP Redirection» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Заинтересованы в разработке?
- fixed Deprecated: has_cap
- switch from separate database table to wp option variable of wp_mavis_settings.page
- updates for wp version 4.3
- Fix a bug that prevented displaying secured page list in text field properly
- Fix a bug that prevented plugin from being activated when php short definition is not defined.
- Filtered code from NOT being executed during an admin session. Apparently, one user reported that it does?
- Added support for multiple secured page checking
- Forced redirect of secure page tags back to a secured page session if session is unsecured