This plugin was originally written for a client, but may be useful for others. It simply creates a discrete banner when viewed on mobile. This banner can include a link, to a mailing list for example.
- Upload the plugin zip file using WordPress’ plugin installer, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly (search for ‘Mobile Banner Robin Phillips’)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Mobile Banner screen to set the text and link URL
As nice as the responsive design is, but it sometimes really reaches its limits! Then "get around" that, a little bit, with this plugin! In most responsive themes, a reduced header is displayed, then the current posts and then the side menu (used by me as an order structure). Now there is hint with the link to an info page! Short form: Please turn your phone ... or use the "desktopview" of your browser 🙂 Thanks for your PLUGIN!
21.11.2019 2 ответа
I honestly didn't think this plugin was going to be as good as it is. So many times plugins don't work as advertised, but this one is extremely simple and that's what makes it great. If I could be so bold as to make a request for a future update: It would be nice to have the option to include an "x" button to the right side of the banner which would hide it. I'm using my banner for a call to action specifically targeted at mobile users, and I think it might be nice if they could close out of it if they aren't interested.
30.08.2019 1 ответ
It's really simple and efficient. Loved it. Works perfectly for mobile screens. My humble request to the developer to add an option to adjust the height of the banner in the next update.
Участники и разработчики
«Mobile Banner» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Перевести «Mobile Banner» на ваш язык.
Заинтересованы в разработке?
Посмотрите код, проверьте SVN репозиторий, или подпишитесь на журнал разработки по RSS.
- Security bug fix release. Fixes CSRF vulnerabilitiy which allowed attacker to trick admin user into changing settings.
- Added «Open link in new tab» option
- Added an optional close button
- Added option to set banner height
- i18n bug fixes