Even if you care about search engine optimization, your WordPress site will quite likely still have
potentials for an even better optimization. One very interesting area is regarding the many archives
of WordPress, which are feared by some because of their potential to create internal duplicate
content. In the best case, if a search engine finds the same pieces of content on several pages of
a site, many of these pages will be ignored. In the worst case the recent algorithmic updates of
Google (aka ‘Panda update’) make the situation much worse: if a site contains many such weak pages
Google might decide to derank the complete site. Either case is undesirable. A very straightforward
approach to deal with this is to make your WordPress archives as individual as possible. The basic
steps to do this are shown in the article Five WordPress tricks for individualized content .
SEO Content Control is the dashboard to help you with this kind of ‘Panda’ issues. It helps you to
keep track, which of your posts have too little content, and shows, where an excerpt or a meta description
is missing. You get it all at a glance in a neat summary with red, yellow and green colors.
SEO Content Control will be your tool to get rid of poor pieces of content. Your users will
find your blog more attractive, and the search engines as well. Just try it out!
Special Thanks & Credits
Even though the plugin is brand new it got already important feedback.
- Thanks to Dirk Löbe for pointing out PHP5.x issues
The installation is straight forward:
- Unzip the distribution seo-content-control-x.x.x.zip
- Upload the directory seo-content-control with all its content to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Seo Content Control console (in admin menu: «Tools»)
Часто задаваемые вопросы
No FAQ yet.
Нет отзывов об этом плагине.
Участники и разработчики
«SEO Content Control» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Перевести «SEO Content Control» на ваш язык.
Заинтересованы в разработке?
Посмотрите код, проверьте SVN репозиторий, или подпишитесь на журнал разработки по RSS.
- WP 3.1 hides the post excerpts by default, SCC changes this back to visible.
- Support for the plugin Platinum SEO Pack
- Support for old versions of the plugin All In One SEO Pack
1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.0.5
- PHP4 compatibility issues (thanks to Dirk)
- PHP issue: changed the static to support PHP 5.2.
- Initial version. Main features:
- Supports posts, excerpts, pages, author descriptions, category descriptions, tag descriptions
- Supports meta descriptions from the plugins wpSeo and All In One SEO
- Each content category can be measured against a customizable content length
- Summary panel with the main status of the content
- Detailed panels with quick links to edit weak content pieces
- Usable for the roles of Authors and higher
- English and German language