The Showtime plugin allows you to easily manage and display a rotating programming schedule. It was originally built for a college radio station, but it could be used for any kind of schedule that repeats weekly.
Showtime takes the current time and displays the name of whatever show/event you’ve placed in the timeslot. If there’s no show/event, it displays a custom off-air message. You also have the option of displaying the name of the upcoming show/event.
New in 3.0
This release is a ground-up re-write, so the code is (hopefully) an awful lot better than it was before. The sorting method is better for the days of the week, and the front-end presentation is no longer a horrible, horrible jQuery hack! Everything is more efficient, better-looking, and the shortcode output doesn’t sit on top of all the content anymore. Also, there’s some snazzy new AJAX-ification stuff going on in the Schedule manager.
Current 2.1 users, don’t worry; there’s a database upgrader built-in, so you don’t have to re-enter all of your current show schedules. That being said, be sure to backup your database before running the upgrade; it will remove the _showtime database table when it’s done. I’m almost certain it won’t break.
Timezone support is improved, but please email me if you’re still having trouble.
Current Feature List
- Easily create editable shows/events by settings start/end times.
- Customizable «Off-Air Message».
- Hide or display upcoming show/event.
- Customizable CSS in the admin panel.
- Shut it Down: Temporarily replace your schedule with off-air message.
- Display your schedule using template tag, widget or shortcode.
- Link your event/show names to URLs.
- Upload images for events/shows and display them in the Now Playing widget.
- New shortcode to easily add the Now Playing widget to Posts and Pages.
- Support for databased that don’t necessarily use the wp_ prefix.
- Upload the Showtime directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You have a few display options:
- Template tag:
<?php if (function_exists('showme_showtime')) echo showme_showtime(); ?>
- A Widget in your Appearance->Widgets settings
- You can display your entire schedule, broken down by days of the week, on a page or post with the [showtime-schedule] shortcode
- Template tag:
After installation, be sure to set your timezone city. This ensures consistency in your entry/display times.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Q: I just installed Showtime, and I don’t see a place to add new shows. Why?
A: You absolutely have to set your timezone city for the plugin to work properly, as it has to have a local timezone to set its clock to. It’s in your General Settings page.
Q: After I upload an image and click «Use as Featured Image» for a show, nothing happens.
A: You have to click the «Insert Into Post» button, not «Use as Featured Image.»