Finally, you can get a great looking bbPress site with just one plugin. No need for custom CSS or PHP programming. Turnkey bbPress! (Formerly named Weaver for bbPress by WeaverTheme.)
Get your bbPress site up and running with beautiful themed styling, plus all the essential layout and user/admin usability options needed to run a real world forum with Turnkey bbPress.
Turnkey bbPress was developed by the makers of the popular Weaver Xtreme WordPress theme, the original options based WP theme. If there’s one thing we know, it’s how to provide the features and options you need to build a great looking website. And now you can do that with a bbPress site.
We also know bbPress was designed to be lightweight and efficient, but that means that many features required to build and run a real-world forum are missing from the base ppPress plugin.
Turnkey bbPress makes it easy.
Live Support Site
See Turnkey bbPress in action, live! Visit the Weaver Support Forum.
Turnkey bbPress Features
Just checkout all the features offered by Turnkey bbPress!
- Add Style! Blends with virtually any WP Theme
- Tweak Forum and Topic List Layout
- New Usability Features for Participants
- Admin Options
- Compatibility with Other ppPress Plugins
- Great Support
Add Style to your Forum!
The default bbPress theme is okay — it works fairly blandly with almost any theme.
Turnkey bbPress adds a collection of several new bbPress Themes that blend beautifully with virtually any existing WP Theme, all with just a single pick from a list. Tweak any of the the basic pre-defined styles with additional check-box options that allow additional styling.
Pre-defined subThemes: Many pre-defined subThemes included, designed to work with nearly any WP Theme.
SubThemes Blend: SubThemes designed to blend with specific and general color themes.
Inherited WP Theme Style: The font family and link styles of your WordPress theme are used in the bbPress subTheme.
Forum Font Size: Set the base font size for your forum. One setting to make font size larger or smaller to match your WP theme.
Avatar Options: Extra styling options for the «Started by» and «Freshness» Participant avatars that make them really stand out.
Even/Odd Row Styling: Optional even/odd row background coloring.
Style Feature Buttons: Display «Subscribe», «Create New Topic» and «Mark all as read» as theme matching buttons on right side.
bbPress Login Widget: The standard bbPress Login Widget and associated shortcodes are styled to match the theme.
Better Closed, Favorited, Subscribed: Show informative icons for Closed, Favorited, and Subscribed Topics and Forums.
Custom CSS: Add you own tweaks with custom CSS rules.
Your own bbPress.css: Provide your own custom version of bbPress.css if you don’t like our styles.
Tweak Forum and Topic List Layout
Hide various elements of Forum and Topic Lists.
- Forum Description: Add the Forum Description to top of Single Forum Views.
- Subforums in Columns» Display Subforum in Columns rather than a comma separated list.
- Voices/Posts Counts: Hide Voices/Posts Counts on Forum Lists.
- Hide Tiny Avatars in Notices
- Forum/Topic Header Info: Hide the «This forum/topic contains count … » info at top of lists.
- Account Ability Message: Hide the «Your account has the ability to post …» message above post/reply editor.
Each of these features can be enabled separately.
New Usability Features for Participants
- Mentions: When a Participant is mentioned with an @ in a post, they can be automatically notified by email.
- Best Answer: When enabled, allows topic author (or moderator) to mark one reply as the best answer. Displays status indicators when a question has been marked answered.
- Private Replies: Allows Participants to mark replies as Private — readable only by the Participant, the topic originator, and Moderators.
- Profile Visibility: Set global Profile Visibility, as well as allow Participants to set their own Profile as private.
- View Counter: Display counter to show how many times a topic has been viewed.
- Create New Topic: Add «Create New Topic» link at top right of Single Forum views.
- Indicator Icons for Favorited and Subscribed: Easy to see favorites and subscriptions.
Turnkey bbPress adds options that makes administering your bbPress Forum easier.
- Save/Restore Settings: Save and Restore Turnkey bbPress settings to your own computer.
- Visual Editor: Enable the Visual Editor for creating topics and replies.
- Create New Topic Posting Instructions: Add posting instructions to «Create New Topic» form.
- Topic Resolution: Enable topic resolution indicator for support forums: Resolved, Not Resolved, Not a Question, or none.
- WP Admin Bar: Hide that pesky WP Admin Bar for any combination of Participants, Moderators, and Admins.
- Site Email Address: Allows you to override the From: and email address values for emails originating with your Forum.
- Redirect Register/Lost Password: Redirects wp-login.php and wp-signup.php attempts to a site specific Register/Password page.
- Status Indicators: Show status indicators for special topics and replies: Private Reply, Spam, Trash. End the confusion.
- Profile Email Link: Add a mailto: email link to user Profile. Make it easier for Moderators to send direct emails.
- Auto Block Spam Authors: Automatically Block Authors of topics or replies when marked as SPAM by Moderators.
- Disable bbPress Moderation: The new bbPress will automatically and silently mark new posts and replies as Pending depending on the results of a new moderation system. This will disable that.
Compatibility with Other bbPress Plugins
There are other excellent plugins available that can add more essential features to a bbPress Forum. Unfortunately, sometimes they add features that don’t including styling that matches the rest of your forum, or doesn’t work will with some WP Themes. We’ve added integrated styling support for other plugins.
- bbPress Pencil Unread: We think the ability to know if posts have been read or not is essential. Turnkey bbPress adds color matched Unread indicators and makes the «Mark Unread» link a theme matched button at the top of forum lists.
The essentials, all in one
The developer of this plugin also created the original and best options based WordPress theme: Weaver Xtreme. Weaver Xtreme has its own bbPress based support forum. In the process of running the support forum, we’ve found that the features included in this plugin are really essential for running a truly vibrant forum, especially one used for technical support.
Turnkey bbPress is small and efficient. Options are only loaded and used if individually enabled. No unnecessary code bloat!
We do not support Turnkey bbPress on the default WordPress Support Forum. Instead, we support it only on our own bbPress based forum: Weaver Support Forum.
It is easy to get started with Turnkey bbPress. Get more documentation at Turnkey bbPress Guide.
This plugin includes GPL code derived from several other bbPress plugins. I would like to acknowledge the efforts put into developing those plugins.
- bbp Mentions
- bbPress — Private Replies
- bbPress Simple View Count
- bbPress — Report Content
Installation is free, quick, and easy. Use the standard WordPress plugin installation admin panel.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
How do I …?
Turnkey bbPress has been around for a couple of years now. Just like bbPress itself, it is quite stable, and we’ve not received many questions yet. If you have questions, we suggest our Forum at the Weaver Support Forum
Участники и разработчики
«Turnkey bbPress by WeaverTheme» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Перевести «Turnkey bbPress by WeaverTheme» на ваш язык.
Заинтересованы в разработке?
Посмотрите код, проверьте SVN репозиторий, или подпишитесь на журнал разработки по RSS.
- Version Update for WP 6.1
- PHP code reformatted with IntelliJ tool
- Fix: fix check for author icon size that occasionally fails
- New Name: Renamed plugin from Weaver for bbPress to Turnkey bbPress
- New: Option to disable new bbPress internal post/reply moderation
- Fix: bad upload of 1.2 version
- WP 5.3 Compatibility update
- Fix: several issues caused by new bbPress 2.6.x version:
- Fix: some styling issues for bbPress new version
- Fix: Fixed problem that failed to show Turnkey bbPress custom User Profile page
- Fix: Problem with private replies
- New: support for Engagements
- Tweak: PHP code formatting
- WP 5.1 Compatibility update
- New recommendation — Classic Editor for user posts
- New: System and Configuration info now on Help tab to help diagnose issues.
- Fix: PHP version dependent issue with Members tab.
- WP 4.9 compatibility update
- Fix: Redirect Register links option
- Tweak: An Accepted Best Answer now has priority over Resolution. Resolution will show Resolved and not display Check mark or other icon on topic title.
- New: Best Answer — allow topic/question authors to accept best answer. Displays status indicators when a question has been answered.
- New: Redirect Register/Lost Password — redirect wp-login.php and wp-signup.php actions to a site specific login/register/password page.
- Tweak: column width styling
- Tweak: added translation wrappers to all strings
- Fix/New: load text domain correctly — will try plugin directory first, then /wp-content/languages/plugins/weaver-for-bbpress-xx_XX.mo
- Tweak: styling for User Profile on small tablets and phones — stack display
- Fix: p paragraph tag for indentation was not being allowed in editor
- Tweak: changed recommended plugins
- WP 4.8 compatibility update
- New: Add time to Logged In widget
- New: Add Auto-Block SPAM Authors admin option.
- Fix: Hiding edit capability message was also hiding warnings.
- Fix: Yetii conflict with Weaver Xtreme
- New: Posting instructions option for Create New Topic
- New: Add a Message above Log Out Button option
- Tweaks: Wording of some options
- Fix: dashicon stylesheet
- Fix: Resolution status display if not author/moderator — missing styling
0.9 — first release
- Release date: March 18, 2017