The Woo Additional Terms plugin is a crucial tool for any WooCommerce store as it allows you to add custom terms and conditions that customers must accept prior to checking out on your store. The additional terms and conditions checkbox serves as a valuable resource for tailoring your store’s policies, safeguarding your business, and promoting transparency with your clients. This feature enables you to provide your customers with more comprehensive details about your policies, procedures, or any additional terms that they must agree to before making a purchase. By doing so, you can cultivate a trusting relationship with your customers and minimize the likelihood of conflicts or misunderstandings.
By linking your terms page to the additional terms notice, you can grant your customers access to the terms without leaving the checkout page. As a result, the process becomes smooth and stress-free.
Besides, the plugin offers a user-friendly and straightforward approach to include the additional terms and conditions checkbox to your store’s checkout process, whether you are using the WooCommerce checkout shortcode or the Checkout block. In the checkout page created by shortcode, the plugin adds the additional “I agree” checkbox below the WooCommerce terms and conditions. And, if you are using the Checkout block, the checkbox can be added using the Additional Terms block, which enables you to move it to any location within the checkout block. This feature can help you streamline the checkout process and minimize any difficulties for customers.
Furthermore, the plugin saves the acceptance of the additional terms and conditions in the order details, providing you with crucial evidence in case of any disputes with customers. You can refer to the acceptance of the terms as evidence that the customer agreed to your policies and procedures before making the purchase. This can be useful for internal purposes such as auditing, analysis, and reporting.
Moreover, this plugin effortlessly handles multilingual sites and is fully compatible with popular plugins like WPML and Polylang. With a built-in configuration file, it’s easy to translate and use for websites targeting a global audience.
To ensure that you have covered all the necessary bases, here are some examples of additional terms that you may want to consider including in your store:
- Refund Policy: If you have a unique refund policy for your store, you may want to include additional terms that customers must agree to before making a purchase.
- Subscription Agreement: If you offer subscription products or services, you may want to include additional terms related to subscriptions. This could include information about subscription renewal and cancellation policies.
- Product Warranties: If you offer product warranties or guarantees, you may want to include additional terms related to these warranties. This could include information about the duration of the warranty, what is covered under the warranty, and any exclusions or limitations.
- Terms of Service: If you have unique terms of service for your store, you may want to include additional terms that customers must agree to before making a purchase. This could include information about prohibited uses of your site or products, liability limitations, and dispute resolution procedures.
- Age Verification: If you sell age-restricted products, such as tobacco or alcohol, you may want to include additional terms related to age verification.
- Intellectual Property: If you have unique policies related to intellectual property, such as copyright or trademark infringement policies, you may want to include additional terms that customers must agree to before making a purchase.
- Liability Waiver: If you have products or services that carry a risk of injury or harm, you may want to include additional terms related to liability waivers.
- Sales Tax: If you are required to collect sales tax for your products, you may want to include additional terms related to this requirement. This could include information about how sales tax is calculated, which products are subject to sales tax, and any exemptions or exceptions.
- Return Policy: If you have a return policy for your products or services, you may want to include additional terms related to this policy. This could include information about how returns are processed, any fees or penalties that may apply, and any restrictions on refunds.
By including these additional terms, you can provide your customers with a clear understanding of your store’s policies and procedures, ultimately enhancing their shopping experience and building trust in your brand.
Unlock Advanced Features for Your WooCommerce Store
If you are looking for more advanced features to customize your WooCommerce store’s checkout process, Woo Additional Terms PRO is the solution for you. With the Pro version, you get all the benefits of the free version, plus many additional features that allow you to take control of your store’s policies and improve customer trust.
With the PRO version, you can enjoy an abundance of functionalities, including:
- Unlimited Custom Terms and Conditions Checkboxes: With the PRO version, you can add unlimited custom terms and conditions checkboxes to your store’s checkout process. That means you can create special terms and conditions for different products or services and require customers to agree to them before purchasing.
- Default Checked Checkbox: You can choose whether or not the checkbox is checked by default on checkout. That allows you to set the default value of the checkbox to either checked or unchecked, depending on your preference.
- Flexible Display Options: You can select which action displays the entire page content after clicking on a linked terms page. You can choose to embed the content above the checkbox, open the page content in a modal, or open the linked page in a new tab. This gives you more control over how your terms and conditions are displayed to customers.
- Required or Optional Checkbox: You can choose whether the terms checkbox is required or optional. This allows you to make certain terms and conditions mandatory for customers to agree to before making a purchase or give customers the option to agree to them.
- Advanced Conditional Logic: With Woo Additional Terms PRO, you can set rules and conditions that alter terms and conditions checkboxes based on the cart and checkout details. You can create complex logic to display a terms checkbox by adding multiple conditional rules. You can restrict terms checkboxes by Products, Tags, Categories, Types of products, Shipping classes, WooCommerce brands, and Locations. This feature enables you to tailor your terms and conditions to specific products, locations, or customer group.
Why settle for the basic version when you can have the advanced features of Woo Additional Terms Pro? Upgrade to the PRO version now and take your store to the next level.
Этот плагин предоставляет 1 блок.
- Additional Terms
- PHP version 7.4 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater or MariaDB version 10.0 or greater.
- WordPress version 5.0 or greater.
- WooCommerce version 4.0 or greater.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of the plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “Woo Additional Terms”, then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found the plugin, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
The manual installation method requires downloading the plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Why should you use the Woo Additional Terms plugin?
Where can I find the plugin’s settings page?
To access the plugin’s settings page, log into your WordPress website dashboard, and navigate to “WooCommerce” » “Settings” » “Additional Terms”.
How do I add the additional checkbox to the checkout page?
To add an additional checkbox to the checkout page using the Woo Additional Terms plugin, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to “WooCommerce” » “Settings” » “Additional Terms”.
2. Select the “Terms page” where you have published the terms and conditions you want customers to agree to.
3. Enter a “Notice Content” (label) for the checkbox input field.
4. Enter an “Error message” to display if the customer tries to proceed without agreeing to the terms.
5. Click “Save Changes”.
How do I add the linked page to the additional checkbox?
You can add the linked page name to the checkbox label using the
[additional-terms]shortcode. Insert the shortcode in the “Notice Content” field where you want the linked page name to appear. This will help your customers quickly access and review the terms and conditions by clicking the link in the checkbox.
Is this plugin compatible with WooCommerce Checkout block?
Yes, the Woo Additional Terms plugin is fully compatible with the block-based checkout flow in WooCommerce. You can easily insert the dedicated “Additional Terms” block into the “Checkout” block to display the additional terms and conditions checkbox at your preferred location on the checkout page.
How can I get help with the plugin?
The easiest way to receive support is to visit the Community Forums page and create a new topic. Be sure to check the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” checkbox to receive notifications as soon as a reply is posted to your question or inquiry.
Is the plugin compatible with multilingual websites?
Yes, absolutely. The plugin has been designed to be translation-ready and comes with a configuration file that fully supports WPML and Polylang plugins.
Can I contribute to translating the plugin into a new language?
Yes, certainly! The plugin has been made translation-ready and localized using the GNU framework, and we welcome translators who would like to contribute to the plugin. You can visit the WordPress translation website to get started.
Here’s the link →
How can I contribute to this plugin?
We welcome contributions in various forms, such as bug reporting, testing, and providing detailed feedback. You can check out our GitHub development repository for more information.
What is your opinion about the concept behind this plugin?
If you enjoyed using this plugin, we would greatly appreciate your feedback in the form of a 5-star rating. Your rating will help us improve and continue providing high-quality services. Thank you!
Does Woo Additional Terms have a pro or premium version?
Yes, it does. The Woo Additional Terms PRO is available as an upgrade and offers additional features and third-party integrations.
Участники и разработчики
«Woo Additional Terms» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
«Woo Additional Terms» переведён на 1 язык. Благодарим переводчиков за их работу.
Перевести «Woo Additional Terms» на ваш язык.
Заинтересованы в разработке?
Посмотрите код, проверьте SVN репозиторий, или подпишитесь на журнал разработки по RSS.
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.2
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.5
- Update font-size for the checkout block
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.4
- Compatibility with WooCommerce Checkout block
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.3
- Improved logic in displaying admin-notices.
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.2
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.1
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 7.0
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.0
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 6.9
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.6
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.8
- Multiple code standards improvements.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.4
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.3
- Display the acceptance of terms & conditions on the order edit page.
- Additional terms content can now open up on the page when the link is clicked, and customers can review without leaving checkout.
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.2.0
- Added language configuration file to support WPML/Polylang.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.4.1
- Compatibility with WooCommerce 4.1.1
- Multiple code standards improvements.
- Совместимость с WordPress 5.4.0
- Совместимость с WooCommerce 4.0.1
- Updated language file.
- Refactored and re-organized underlying code in plugin settings page/ controls.
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.3.1
- Совместимость с WooCommerce 3.8.1
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9.6
- Compatible with WordPress 3.4.2
- Compatible with WordPress 4.7.0
- Compatible with WordPress 2.6.9
- Added screenshots.
- Initial release.