WP RSS Aggregator is the original and best plugin for easily importing, merging and displaying RSS and Atom feeds on your WordPress site. It’s the most comprehensive and elegant RSS feed solution for WordPress.
With the free core version of WP RSS Aggregator you will be able to aggregate as many RSS feeds from as many sources as you’d like, with the ability to stagger them for better performance.
Using the shortcodes you can then display the imported feed items from one or more sources anywhere on your WordPress site.
Go here to watch all our other video tutorials for our premium add-ons.
These are the main features offered with the free core version of WP RSS Aggregator.
- Set a name for each feed source.
- Import any number of feed items from multiple RSS Feeds.
- Display feed items using the shortcodes or by
calling the display function from within your theme.
- Limit the age of, or number of, feed items stored in the database (general or per feed source).
- Set a general or per feed source feed import time interval.
- Set the links as no-follow or not, or add no-follow to the meta tag.
- Customise the output using various shortcode parameters and styling changes.
- Choose the Open Link Behaviour (lightbox, new window or current window).
- Opens YouTube, DailyMotion and Vimeo videos directly.
- Create a custom RSS feed.
- Extendable via action and filter hooks.
- Incorporates feed auto-discovery, which lets you add feed sources without knowing the exact URL (not guaranteed to work for all sources).
- Integrated with the Simplepie library that comes with WordPress.
- Import/Export functionality.
- View all features.
Minimal System Requirements
- PHP 5.3.9 or higher
- WordPress 4.0 or higher
WP RSS Aggregator has a number of premium add-ons that add more functionality to the core plugin.
They provide the means to create auto-blogging websites, display job listings, import YouTube videos and lots more.
Take a look at our Use Cases and Showcase for more ideas.
These are the add-ons currently available:
- Excerpts & Thumbnails displays an excerpt and thumbnail image
(taken from within the RSS feed) together with the title, date and source of each feed item.It uses the shortcode to display the feed items.
- Categories categorises your feed sources and allows you to display
feed items from a particular category within your site using the
shortcode parameters. (It does not use WordPress Post Categories)
- Keyword Filtering filters the feed items to be imported based on your own keywords,
key phrases, or tags; you only get the items you’re interested in. It is compatible with all other add-ons.
- Feed to Post is an advanced importer that lets you import
RSS feed items as WordPress posts or any other custom post type. You can use it to populate a website in minutes (auto-blog).
This is the most popular and feature-filled extension. (It does not use shortcodes)
- Full Text RSS Feeds adds connectivity to our premium full text service,
which allows you to import the full post content for an unlimited number of feed items per feed source,
even when the feed itself doesn’t provide it. (Requires Feed to Post)
- WordAi allows you to take an RSS feed and turn it into
new content that is both completely unique and completely readable.
(Requires Feed to Post and a WordAi account)
- SpinnerChief is an extension for
Feed to Post that allows you to integrate the SpinnerChief article spinner
so that the imported content is both completely unique and completely readable. (Requires Feed to Post and
a SpinnerChief account)
- Widget adds a widget to your website
that displays all the imported feed items. It can also display excerpts and thumbnail images when used in conjunction
with the Excerpts & Thumbnails add-on.
We also provide a Feed Creator service that allows you to generate RSS feeds from any webpage, even if it doesn’t have its own RSS feed.
To try out some of the premium add-ons for yourself you can use our free demo sites:
We also have a number of live demo sites built by our team to showcase the power of WP RSS Aggregator and its add-ons. You can check them out here.
Our comprehensive documentation provides you with everything you need
to install, set up and customise the plugin to your needs. You can also browse through a large number of
FAQs that cover almost everything there is to ask.
For premium support (owners of premium add-on licenses) and pre-sales questions please contact us via our premium support channel.
Would you like to praise any member of our team for our plugins or support services? Share the love!
As featured on:
- WP Mayor
- Elegant Themes
- Tidy Repo
- Kevin Muldoon
- Italian — Davide De Maestri
- Spanish — Andrew Kurtis
- Brazilian Portugese — Bruno Calheira
- Dutch — Erick Suiker
The core WP RSS Aggregator plugin is free to download from the WordPress.org plugin repository.
The plugin works on self-hosted versions of WordPress only (WordPress.org). It is not compatible with the hosted version
of WordPress (WordPress.com). Click here if you’re not sure about the difference between the two.
Terms & conditions can be found here.
- How do I display the imported feed items?
You can either use the shortcode in your posts and pages:
Or you can call the function directly within your theme:
- Is there a limit on the number of feed sources I can use?
No, there is no limit for the number of feed sources. Having many (50+) feed sources should not present any problems in itself.
However, pulling in posts from many sites is bound to put your server under some stress, so you might want to consider using a hosting solution that goes beyond your typical shared host.
Check out our dedicated page on WordPress hosting recommendations.
- Does WP RSS Aggregator work using JSON as the source?
No, our plugin does not currently import from JSON, it only imports from RSS and Atom structured XML.
- Why do I get “No feed items found” when I insert the shortcode on a page or post?
Try adding a few more feed sources and make sure they are valid by using the RSS Feed Validator.
Try out the solutions listed on our Feed Items Not Importing documentation page.
It’s important to make sure your WordPress cron system is working well. If not, the feeds cannot be imported.
If in doubt, you can install the WP Crontrol plugin to check for bad cron,
or go to RSS Aggregator > Debugging and hit the red button to re-import all feed items.
- Can I store imported feed items as posts?
Yes! You can do that with the Feed to Post premium add-on.
You will not only be able to store items as posts, but also as any other custom post type. You can also set the author,
set tags and categories, import images into the gallery or set featured images, and much more.
- Some RSS feeds only give a short excerpt. Any way around that?
Yes, along with the Feed to Post add-on we have another add-on
called Full Text RSS Feeds that can get the full content
of most feeds that only supply a short excerpt. The Full Text RSS Feeds add-on requires Feed to Post and a valid license key to function.
- I’m not sure which premium add-ons are right for me. Can you help me out?
Sure! We wrote a post just for you. Read about which add-ons
you should buy as we explain the different types of usage so you’ll know what to expect when purchasing.
- Where can I find the documentation for the plugin?
Our complete documentation with FAQs included can be found on our dedicated documentation website.
I think this is by far the best RSS plugin out there!! I've had important problems when I purchased the bundle, though: The support was amazing, proactive, and have spent time doing their best and fix it. However, by the end of the day, it appeared that the problem came from my WP environment (theme/plugin), which has been fixed. There was absolutely no problem at their end, plugins are properly coded and are doing exactly what they promise to deliver! Friendly, knowledgeable and quick support - that's exactly what I've got, besides getting a great plugin which is an important function on our website. DON'T HESITATE!
- Fixed bug that caused minor publishing controls to be hidden on unrelated Edit screens.
- Fixed bug with lifetime licenses showing expiry notices.
- Fixed bug with being able to submit form on Licenses page.
- Fixed bug with empty saved license key causing PHP notice, and not triggering reminder notification.
- Fixed bug with saved but inactive licenses not triggering reminder notification.
- Fixed bug with minified assets not being served by default.
- Fixed bug with cached admin assets being served even after update.
- Fixed bug with admin notifications displayed on unrelated pages not being dismissible.
- Enhanced Licenses page so as to make the [Enter] key toggle license activation.
- Enhanced architecture by using a DI container.
- Enhanced admin notifications by refactoring them to use the same mechanism.
- Enhanced admin notifications by making all of them dismissible.
- Fixed bug with feed error output breaking tooltips on «Feed Sources» page.
- Fixed bug with nonces on the «Feed Sources» page that broke some source actions.
- Fixed problem with image cache filenames being too long.
- Fixed problem with permalink URLs sometimes being URL-encoded.
- Fixed problem with large logs causing OOM errors and breaking Debugging page.
- Fixed conflict with function
- Fixed bug with
_getDataOrConst()not retrieving single value.
- Fixed future incompatibility with
class-feed.phpfor WP 4.7+.
- Fixed conflicts with many JS scripts by only adding JS on our admin pages.
- Fixed conflicts with some classes by loading only valid root namespace components.
- Fixed PHP warning related to retrieving unique titles.
- Added a per-feed-source «Link Source» option.
- Added a per-feed-source «Feed Request User Agent» option.
- The «Add New» button no longer appears for feed items.
- Added «Leave a Review» notification.
- Now using Composer!
- Now using Phing!
- Added RegEx HTML Encodifier.
- Added integration with Diagnostics plugin, and tests.
- Logs are now created in
wp-content/log/wprss, and are named more descriptively.
- Changed copyright and other info in plugin header.
- Fixed bug: Potential security vulnerability related to triggering feed update.
- Fixed bug: Error output on Feed Sources list is trimmed and cannot break the page layout.
- Fixed bug: Certain notices could not be dismissed.
- Fixed bug: Word trimming didn’t always trim correctly with HTML.
- Enhanced: Visual improvements.
- Fixed bug: Interface methods used to conflict, causing fatal error on activation.
- Fixed bug: Empty feed response used to cause misleading error message in log.
- Enhanced: Users can now override useragent sent with feed requests.
- Enhanced: Improvements to plugin updating system.
- Enhanced: Readme updated.
- Enhanced: «Open link behaviour» option’s internal handling has been improved.
- Fixed bug: Some exceptions used to cause fatal errors.
- Fixed bug: Requests made by image caching used to always have an infinite timeout.
- Fixed bug: Licensing algorithm used to use constants of inactive plugins, causing fatal error.
- Enhanced: Visual improvements.
- Enhanced: Included new Object Oriented code.
- Fixed bug: Licensing notices will now be displayed again.
- Enhanced: Major licensing system improvements.
- Fixed bug: Sticky posts no longer get deleted when truncating, unless imported from a feed source.
- Enhanced: Added autoloading and refactored licensing.
- Enhanced: Added button to download error log.
- Enhanced: Cosmetic changes and fixes.
- Enhanced: Optimized checking for plugin updates.
- Enhanced: Feeds that fail to validate due to whitespace at the beginning are now supported by the plugin.
- Fixed bug: Undefined variables in the System Info section in the Debugging page.
- Fixed bug: Add-on license expiration notices could not be dismissed.
- Usage tracking now disabled.
- Fixed bug: error related to undefined
ajaxurlJS variable gone from frontend.
- Enhanced: Licensing errors will be output to debug log.
- Enhanced: Improved compatibility with plugins that allow AJAX searching in the backend.
- Requirement: WordPress 4.0 or greater now required.
- Fixed bug in image caching
- Fixed bug in admin interface due to incorrectly translated IDs
- Enhanced: Core now implements an image cache logic.
- Enhanced: Add-ons on the «Add-ons» page now have an installed-but-inactive status.
- Enhanced: Google Alerts permalinks will now be normalized.
- Enhanced: Russian translation added.
- Fixed bug: Inline help (tooltips) translations now work.
- Fixed bug: Link to the Feed to Post add-on on the welcome page is no longer broken.
- Enhanced: Copyright updated.
- Fixed bug: Word trimming no longer adds extra closing tags at the end.
- Fixed bug: Presence of
idna_convertclass no longer causes infinite redirects on some servers.
- Fixed bug: Warning of unterminated comment no longer thrown in PHP 5.5.
- Fixed bug: Added default value for «Unique Titles» option.
- Fixed bug: Having a the port number specified with the database host no longer causes issues with the
mysqliadapter in System Info on some servers.
- Fixed bug: Nested options of inline help controller no longer cause a fatal error.
- Fixed bug: Notices will no longer be displayed during rendering of feed items due to absence of required default values.
- Fixed bug: No warning will be thrown when fetching feeds.
- New: Optionally import only items with titles that don’t already exist.
- Enhanced: Accessing feeds over HTTPS is now possible.
- Enhanced: Added support for multibyte strings in some places.
- Enhanced: Increased JS compatibility with other plugins.
- Enhanced: Increased UI support for mobile devices.
- Fixed bug: Having no mysqli extension no longer causes an error to appear in the debug info.
- Fixed bug: Saving an empty license key no longer results in a warning.
- Fixed bug: The «Force feed» option wasn’t being correctly used.
- Fixed bug: The «Force feed» option was being removed by the Feed to Post add-on.
- Enhanced: The Help page now includes a support form if a premium add-on is detected.
- Enhanced: Updated some translations for admin options.
- Fixed bug: Help tooltips are now optimized for iPad screens.
- Fixed bug: Errors on the licensing page when a license code has not yet been entered.
- Enhanced: AJAX license activation.
- Enhanced: License form more reliable.
- Enhanced: license-related UI improvements
- New: Markdown library added. Changelog now read from readme.
- Fixed bug: Saving license keys not longer triggers error in some cases.
- Enhanced: Admin user will now be warned about invalid or expiring licenses.
- Enhanced: Admin notices logic centralized in this plugin.
- Fixed: Multiple small-scale security vulnerabilities.
- Fixed: Ampersand in feed URL no longer causes the product of generated feeds to be invalidated by W3C Validator.
- Enhanced: Added more logging during feed importing.
- Enhanced: Irrelevent metaboxes added by other plugins are now removed from the Add/Edit Feed Source page.
- Fixed bug: Valid feed URLS were being invalidated.
- Fixed bug: The Blacklist feature was being hidden when the Feed to Post add-on was enabled.
- Fixed bug: Patched a vulnerability where any user on the site can issue a feed fetch.
- Fixed bug: The «Activate» and «Pause» actions are not shown in the bulk actions dropdown in WordPress v4.1.
- Enhanced: Some minor interface updates.
- Enhanced: Added filters for use by the premium add-ons.
- Enhanced: Added output layouts for feed sources and feed items.
- Enhanced: Updated EDD updater class to version 1.5.
- Enhanced: Added time limit extending to prevent script from exhausting its execution time limit while importing.
- Fixed bug: The «Delete and Re-import» button was deleting items but not re-importing.
- Fixed bug: Non-object errors when a feed source is deleted while importing.
- Enhanced: Improved the logging.
- Enhanced: Improved the licensing fields.
- Enhanced: Updated the EDD updater class to the latest version.
- Fixed bug: Small random error when viewing the licenses page.
- Enhanced: Added filters to the custom feed.
- Enhanced: Updated some styles to improve the user interface.
- Fixed bug: The «Remove selected from Blacklist» button had no nonce associated with it.
- Fixed bug: The Blacklist menu entry was not always being shown.
Enhanced: Re-added the «Add New» link in the plugin’s menu.
Enhanced: Improved error logging.
Enhanced: Bulk actions in the Feed Sources page are now also included in the bottom dropdown menu.
Fixed bug: Add-on updater was prone to conflicts. Now enclosed in an action.
Fixed bug: The Full Text RSS Feeds add-on was not showing as active in the «Add-ons» page.
Fixed bug: Broken links in the «Add-ons» page, to add-on pages on our site.
- Enhanced: Improved plugin responsiveness.
- Enhanced: Updated some help text in tooltips with better explainations and added clarity.
- Enhanced: Optimized some old SQL queries.
- Enhanced: Added better debug logging.
- Enhanced: Added a new filter to modify the text shown before author names.
- Fixed bug: Licenses were not showing as active, even though they were activated.
- Enhanced: Improved internationalization in the plugin, for better translations.
- Fixed bug: If the feed source age limit was left empty, the global setting was used instead of ignoring the limit.
- Enhanced: Improved the user interface, with better responsiveness and tooltips.
- Enhanced: Removes the ID column. The ID is now shown fixed in row actions.
- Enhanced: Feed Preview indicates if feed items have no dates.
- Fixed bug: If a feed item has no date, the date and time it was imported is used.
- New Featured: Added filter to allow adding RSS feeds to the head of your site’s pages for CPTs.
- Enhanced: Columns in the feed sources table are now sortable.
- Enhanced: Removed the ID column in the feed sources table. The ID has been moved as a row action.
- Enhanced: Improved various interface elements.
- Enhanced: Better responsiveness for smaller screen.
- Fixed bug: The importing spinning icon would get stuck and spin for a very long time.
- Fixed bug: Removed an old description meta field.
- Fixed bug: Plugin was not removing all scheduled cron jobs when deactivated.
- Enhanced: Optimized plugin for WordPress 4.0.
- Enhanced: Improved template and added filters for add-on hooking.
- Fixed bug: Editor toolbar visible over the WP RSS shortcode dialog.
- Fixed bug: Last import feed item count stays at zero.
- Fixed bug: Datetime::setTimestamp error when using PHP 5.2 or earlier.
- Fixed bug: The display limit was not working.
- Fixed bug: Minor bug in licensing.
- New Feature: Bulk importer allows you to create multiple feed sources at once.
- Enhanced: Improved OPML importer with added hooks.
- Enhanced: Centralized add-on licensing, fixing multiple bugs.
- Fixed bug: Undefined
feed_limiterrors when using the shortcode.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Enhanced: Various improvements to the plugin interface and texts.
- Enhanced: Moved the restore default settings button farther down the Debugging page, to avoid confusion with the delete button.
- Fixed bug: Feed item dates were not being adjusted to the timezone when using a GMT offset.
- Fixed bug: Feed item dates are now adjusted according to daylight savings time.
- New Feature: Blacklist — delete items and blacklist them to never import them again.
- Enhanced: Added a button in the Debugging page to reset the plugin settings to default.
- Enhanced: WordPress Yoast SEO metaboxes and custom columns will no longer appear.
- Enhanced: Better wording on settings page.
- Fixed bug: The Links Behaviour option in the settings was not working.
- Fixed bug: The wrong feed items were being shown for some sources when using the «View Items» row action.
- New Feature: Feed items now also import authors.
- Enhanced: Custom feed is now in RSS 2.0 format.
- Enhanced: Improved the display template for feed items.
- Fixed bug: Custom feed was not working in Firefox.
- Fixed bug: Some feed items were showing items from another feed source.
- Fixed bug: The feed limit in the global settings was not working.
- Enhanced: Added an option to choose between the current pagination type, and numbered pagination.
- Enhanced: The Feed Preview now also shows the total number of items in the feed.
- Fixed bug: A PHP warning error was being shown in the System Info.
- Fixed bug: Language files were not always being referenced correctly.
- Fixed bug: Manually fetching a feed fails if the feed is scheduled to update in the next 10 minutes.
- Fixed bug: Bing RSS feeds were importing duplicates on every update.
- Enhanced: Facebook page feeds are now changed into RSS 2.0 feeds, rather than Atom 1.0 feeds.
- Enhanced: Improved live updating performace on the Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: Feed Sources page is now more responsive.
- New Feature: Can now view each feed source’s imported feed items separate from other feed sources’ feed items.
- Enhanced: Major visual update to the Feed Sources page with new live updates.
- Enhanced: The custom feed now includes the feed source.
- Fixed bug: Google News feeds were importing duplicate items on every update.
- Fixed bug: Multiple minor bug fixes with old filters.
- Fixed bug: Results returned by wprss_get_feed_items_for_source() will no longer be affected by filters.
- Fixed bug: Charset issue in titles
- Enhanced: The Feed Sources table now indicates which feed sources encountered errors during the last import.
- Fixed bug: Feed titles were not being decoded for HTML entities.
- Enhanced: Minor improvements to feed importing and handling.
- Fixed bug: HTML entities were not being decoded in feed item titles.
- Enhanced: Added a force feed option, for valid RSS feeds with incorrect header content types.
- Fixed bug: HTML entities in feed item titles are now being decoded.
- Enhanced: Improved the custom feed, by allowing a custom title.
- Enhanced: Improved shortcode, by adding the «pagination» parameter.
- Enhanced: Modified a filter to fix some bugs in the add-ons.
- Enhanced: Tracking notices only appear for admin users.
- Fixed bug: Auto Feed Discovery was not working.
- New Feature: Feed items can now link to enclosure links in the feed.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to allow add-ons to modify feed item queries.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to modify the feeds template.
- Fixed bug: Nested lists in feeds template.
- Fixed bug: Using the shortcode makes the comments section always open.
- Fixed bug: The plugin prevented uploading of header images.
- Fixed bug: Hook change in last version suspected reason for some installations having non-updated feed items.
- New Feature: Time ago added as an option.
- Enhanced: The plugin now allows the use of RSS and Atom feeds that do not specify the correct MIME type.
- Enhanced: Better performance due to better hook usage.
- Fixed bug: Facebook page feed URL conversion was not being triggered for new feed sources.
- Fixed bug: Styles fix for pagination.
- Fixed bug: Removed empty spaces in logging.
- Enhanced: Added Activate/Pause bulk actions in the Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: Feed Sources page table has been re-designed.
- Enhanced: Logging is now site dependant on multisite.
- Fixed bug: Undefined display settings where appearing on the front end.
- Fixed bug: The general setting for deleting feed items by age was not working.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to change the html tags allowed in feed item content.
- Fixed bug: Empty array of feed items bug caused importing problems.
- Enhanced: Improved some internal queries, for better performance.
- Fixed bug: Feed limits were not working properly.
- Enhanced: The custom feed can now be extended by add-ons.
- Fixed bug: Removed excessive logging from Debugging Error Log.
- Fixed bug: Bug in admin-debugging.php causing trouble with admin login
- Enhanced: Added error logging.
- Enhanced: Added a feed validator link in the New/Edit Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: The Next Update column also shows the time remaining for next update, for feed source on the global update interval.
- Enhanced: The custom feed has been improved, and is now identical to the feeds displayed with the shortcode.
- Enhanced: License notifications only appear on the main site when using WordPress multisite.
- Enhanced: Updated Colorbox script to 1.4.33
- Fixed bug: The Imported Items column was always showing zero.
- Fixed bug: Feed items not being imported with limit set to zero. Should be unlimited.
- Fixed bug: Fat header in Feed Sources page
- Enhanced: Added a column in the Feed Sources page that shows the number of feed items imported for each feed source.
- Fixed bug: Leaving the delete old feed items empty did not ignore the delete.
- Fixed bug: Fixed tracking pointer appearing on saving settings.
- Fixed bug: Incorrect file include call.
- Enhanced: Improved date and time handling for imported feed items.
- Fixed bug: Incorrect values being shown in the Feed Processing metabox.
- Fixed bug: Feed limits set to zero were causing feeds to not be imported.
- New Feature: Feed sources can have their own update interval.
- New Feature: The time remaining until the next update has been added to the Feed Source table.
- New Feature: Feed items can be limited and deleted by their age.
- Enhanced: Added utility functions for shorter filters.
- Fixed bug: License codes were being erased when add-ons were deactivated.
- Fixed bug: Some feed sources could not be set to active from the table controls.
- Fixed bug: str_pos errors appear when custom feed url is left empty.
- Fixed bug: Some options were producing undefined index errors.
- New Feature: State system — Feed sources can be activated/paused.
- New Feature: State system — Feed sources can be set to activate or pause themselves at a specific date and time.
- Enhanced: Added compatibility with nested outline elements in OPML files.
- Enhanced: Admin menu icon image will change into a Dashicon, when WordPress is updated to 3.8 (Decemeber 2013).
- Fixed bug: Custom Post types were breaking when the plugin is activated.
- Fixed bug: Missing 2nd argument for wprss_shorten_title()
- New Feature: Can set the maximum length for titles. Long titles get trimmed.
- Fixed bug: Fixed errors with undefined indexes for unchecked checkboxes in the settings page.
- Fixed bug: Pagination on front static page was not working.
- Fixed bug: Invalid feed source url was producing an Undefined method notice.
- Fixed bug: Custom feed was producing a 404 page.
- Fixed bug: Presstrends code firing on admin_init, opt-in implementation coming soon
- Enhanced: Increased compatibility with RSS sources.
- Fixed bug: Pagination not working on home page
- New Feature: Can delete feed items for a particular source
- Enhanced: the ‘Fetch feed items’ row action for feed sources resets itself after 3.5 seconds.
- Enhanced: The feed image is saved for each url.
- Fixed bug: Link to source now links to correct url. Previously linked to site’s feed.
- Enhanced: Added more hooks to debugging page for the Feed to Post add-on.
- Fixed bug: Uninitialized loop index
- Bug Fix: Feed items were not being imported while the WPML plugin was active.
- New feature: Pagination
- New feature: First implementation of editor button for easy shortcode creation
- Enhanced: Feed items and sources don’t show up in link manager
- Enhanced: Included Presstrends code for plugin usage monitoring
- Fixed bug: Removed anonymous functions for backwards PHP compatibility
- Bug fix: Added suppress_filters in feed-display.php to prevent a user reported error
- Bug fix: Missing
- in certain feed displays
- Enhanced: Added some hooks for Feed to Post compatibility
- Enhanced: Moved date settings to a more appropriate location
- Fixed Bug: Minor issue with options page — PHP notice
- New Feature: Saving/Updating a feed source triggers an update for that source’s feed items.
- New Feature: Option to change Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion feed item URLs to embedded video players URLs
- New Feature: Facebook Pages URLs are automatically detected and changed into Atom Feed URLs using FB’s Graph
- Enhanced: Updated jQuery Colorbox library to 1.4.29
- Fixed Bug: Some settings did not have a default value set, and were throwing an ‘Undefined Index’ error
- Fixed Bug: Admin notices do not disappear immediately when dismissed.
Version 3.3.3 (2013-09-08)
- Fixed bug: Better function handling on uninstall, should remove uninstall issues
Version 3.3.2 (2013-09-07)
- New feature: Added exclude parameter to shortcode
- Enhanced: Added metabox links to documentation and add-ons
- Fixed bug: Custom feed linking to post on user site rather than original source
- Fixed bug: Custom post types issues when activitating the plugin
Version 3.3.1 (2013-08-09)
- Fixed Bug: Roles and Capabilities file had not been included
- Fixed Bug: Error on install, function not found
Version 3.3 (2013-08-08)
- New feature: OPML importer
- New feature: Feed item limits for individual Feed Sources
- New feature: Custom feed URL
- New feature: Feed limit on custom feed
- New feature: New ‘Fetch feed items’ action for each Feed Source in listing display
- New feature: Option to enable link to source
- Enhanced: Date strings now change according to locale being used (i.e. compatible with WPML)
- Enhanced: Capabilities implemented
- Enhanced: Feed Sources row action ‘View’ removed
- Fixed Bug: Proxy feed URLs resulting in the permalink: example.com/url
Version 3.2 (2013-07-06)
- New feature: Parameter to limit number of feeds displayed
- New feature: Paramter to limit feeds displayed to particular sources (via ID)
- Enhanced: Better feed import handling to handle large number of feed sources
Version 3.1.1 (2013-06-06)
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility with some other plugins due to function missing namespace
Version 3.1 (2013-06-06)
- New feature: Option to set the number of feed items imported from every feed (default 5)
- New feature: Import and Export aggregator settings and feed sources
- New feature: Debugging page allowing manual feed refresh and feed reset
- Enhanced: Faster handling of restoring sources from trash when feed limit is 0
- Fixed bug: Limiter on number of overall feeds stored not working
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility issue with Foobox plugin fixed
- Fixed bug: Duplicate feeds sometimes imported
Version 3.0 (2013-03-16)
- New feature: Option to select cron frequency
- New feature: Code extensibility added to be compatible with add-ons
- New feature: Option to set a limit to the number of feeds stored (previously 50, hard coded)
- New feature: Option to define the format of the date shown below each feed item
- New feature: Option to show or hide source of feed item
- New feature: Option to show or hide publish date of feed item
- New feature: Option to set text preceding publish date
- New feature: Option to set text preceding source of feed item
- New feature: Option to link title or not
- New feature: Limit of 5 items imported for each source instead of 10
- Enhanced: Performance improvement when publishing * New feeds in admin
- Enhanced: Query tuning for better performance
- Enhanced: Major code rewrite, refactoring and inclusion of hooks
- Enhanced: Updated Colorbox to v1.4.1
- Enhanced: Better security implementations
- Enhanced: Better feed preview display
- Fixed bug: Deletion of items upon source deletion not working properly
- Requires: WordPress 3.3
Version 2.2.3 (2012-11-01)
- Fixed bug: Tab navigation preventing typing in input boxes
- Removed: Feeds showing up in internal linking pop up
Version 2.2.2 (2012-10-30)
- Removed: Feeds showing up in site search results
- Enhanced: Better tab button navigation when adding a new feed
- Enhanced: Better guidance when a feed URL is invalid
Version 2.2.1 (2012-10-17)
- Fixed bug: wprss_feed_source_order assumes everyone is an admin
Version 2.2 (2012-10-01)
- Italian translation added
- Feed source order changed to alphabetical
- Fixed bug — repeated entries when having a non-valid feed source
- Fixed bug — all imported feeds deleted upon trashing a single feed source
Version 2.1 (2012-09-27)
- Now localised for translations
- Fixed bug with date string
- Fixed $link_before and $link_after, now working
- Added backwards compatibility for wp_rss_aggregator() function
Version 2.0 (2012-09-21)
- Bulk of code rewritten and refactored
- Added install and upgrade functions
- Added DB version setting
- Feed sources now stored as Custom Post Types
- Feed source list sortable ascending or descending by name
- Removed days subsections in feed display
- Ability to limit total number of feeds displayed
- Feeds now fetched via Cron
- Cron job to delete old feed items, keeps max of 50 items in DB
- Now requires WordPress 3.2
- Updated colorbox to v220.127.116.11
- Limit of 15 items max imported for each source
- Fixed issue of page content displaying incorrectly after feeds
Version 1.1 (2012-08-13)
- Now requires WordPress 3.0
- More flexible fetching of images directory
- Has its own top level menu item
- Added settings section
- Ability to open in lightbox, new window or default browser behaviour
- Ability to set links as follow or no follow
- Using constants for oftenly used locations
- Code refactoring
- Changes in file and folder structure
Version 1.0 (2012-01-06)
- Первая версия.