Extends the WordPress Media Library to allow individual control over each media item size’s crop.
For those particular about their imagery…
WordPress’s Media Library already gives authors strong, intuitive organization over their web site’s images. But some users are a little more particular than others over the individual crop sizes of each media item. CropRefine is for the keen-eyed, visual types who want something fast and fastidious.
- CropRefine provides quick-links from the Media Library to refine each item.
- A full catalog of existing crops and sizes are made available for refinement.
- If you prefer a different/better thumbnail but want to leave the other sizes untouched, CropRefine gives you that level of granularity over your imagery.
- Packaged with cropper.js, adjusting a crop is a smooth, draggable, precise refinement experience.
- Iterative backups are stored alongside each adjustment, so nothing is ever lost—only gained!
- If a re-crop just won’t achieve the results you’re after, a quick-upload tool is also offered for each media item size, so that you can replace that (and only that) size.
- No additional database is needed, no exhaustive setup process, no hidden license costs.
- Install CropRefine either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server (in the
- Activate the plugin.
- Visit your Media Library to find the new ‘Refine’ option, below each media item.
- Choose Re-Crop or Upload next to the size you wish to adjust, and the rest is handled for you.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Are there any new features planned?
Yes. We plan to add an iterative rollback feature to restore previous crops and replacement image sizes.
Can i propose a feature?
If you wish. Sure.
Участники и разработчики
«CropRefine» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
- Tested on WordPress v5.7.2;
- Fixed issue with locating images when WordPress adds «-scaled», by @wilhemarnoldy (thank you).
- If you experience any issues with reverse compatibility for older WP cores or themes, please share your results in the support forum.
- Fixed CORS issue with site url update to HTTPS, per request by @wilhemarnoldy (thank you).
- Adjusted styles to work better with WordPress 5.3.2
- Added support for repairing/restoring missing image sizes, per request by @adrienneltravis (thank you);
- Tested on WordPress v5.0.3;
- Updated instructions page.
- Additional sanitizations.
- Removed «beta»
- Fixed footer layout
- Fixed return to post / close window
- Added Refine link to WP Image Details modal & changed minimum capability from ‘manage_options’ to ‘edit_posts’, per suggestion by joseyaz (thank you).
- Added Refine link to WP Media Modal view
- Testified/Verified Compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Adjusted toolbox styles for narrower environments.
- Added donate link 😉
- Added support for registered image sizes by name.
- Clean/removed debugging operations to prepare for official release.
- Plugin-out only in beta, currently. Standby for official release.