This plugin is useful e.g. if you have a wildcard SSL/TLS certificate for server but not for each site.
If the site is normally at say
http://example.org/ and you want to have the admin area https protected, but you don’t have a SSL/TLS certificate so that
https://example.org/ would work, you can define another domain for secure connections.
For example instead of
https://example.org/wp-admin/ the user is redirected to
This plugin works with both normal WordPress installations and WordPress Network installation and is compatible with the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin.
Source available at https://github.com/Seravo/wp-https-domain-alias
- Upload plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the «Plugins» menu in WordPress.
- Make sure the
wp-config.phpdefines the needed constants.
define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true); define('HTTPS_DOMAIN_ALIAS', 'example.org');
The plugin scenario assumes the site domain is example.com but there is no https certificate for it. Instead there is a https certificate for example.org, which has been defined as the HTTPS_DOMAIN_ALIAS.
In a WordPress Network installation the HTTPS_DOMAIN_ALIAS can be defined as *.example.org and then <domain.tld> will be redirected to .example.org. This plugin is designed to be compatible with
the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin.
Possible values of $location when calling this function
- https://example.com <- the case where https fails and we want to avoid
- https://example.example.org <- the case where https works
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Does this work for WordPress Network?
Yes, since version 0.4.
Where is the UI?
This plugin has no visible UI, the magic happens automatically if the plugin is active.
What does FORCE_SSL_ADMIN do?
Note that defining FORCE_SSL_LOGIN is not needed.
Участники и разработчики
«HTTPS Domain Alias» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники
Note that complete commit log is available at https://github.com/Seravo/wp-https-domain-alias/commits/master
Bugfix: Only convert non-relative links to their root relative form
Don’t try to rewrite relative urls
- Fix Polylang compatibility
- The edit.php permalink now displays the real domain, instead of alias
- Wildcard domain aliases are now handled differently
http://www.nonsecure.com -> https://nonsecure.secure.com
http://site.nonsecure.com -> https://site-nonsecure.secure.com
as opposed to previous behaviours
http://www.nonsecure.com -> https://www.secure.com
http://site.nonsecure.com -> https://site.secure.com
- Minor refactoring to the code
- Fix missing script from source files
- Includes automatic relative URLS in the front end
- Adds rewrite capabilities for all domains in multisite
- Mature enough for official 1.0 release
- All OK!
- Fix home_url infinite loop and thus enable rewrites for it too
- Added debug wrapper and made sure this plugin is load first of all plugins.
- Bugfixes for preview mode and non-admin https pages.
- Updated readme.txt
- Enhanced to also support WordPress Network installations.
- Refactored code to be robust in all known situations.
- Merged pull request on http preview
- Improved readme.txt. Log error if the needed constants don’t exist.
- Первая версия.