This plugin makes it simple to create content templates for your posts and pages. When creating a new post or page use one of your content templates as the starting point. Simple Content Templates allows you to define a title, post body, and even an excerpt.
How Simple Content Templates Works
- Install and activate the plugin.
- You should have a new menu item in your admin dashboard «Content Templates»
- Use the «Add a Template» button to create a template. Add the title and content you want to be able to start with when creating blog posts or pages. Go ahead and publish the template.
- When creating a new post or page, in the sidebar you should see the option to «Load a Content Template.» Select the template you want to use and click the «Load Template» button.
- After the page refreshes, edit the post or page however you want and publish it like normal.
- …next time you need to write a similar post or create a similar page, do it all over again!
Custom Post Types, Custom Fields, Tags, Categories, Featured Images: if you need any of these, you should check out the pro version of this plugin, Advanced Content Templates: Advanced Content Templates
If you need support, visit the support tab within the plugin settings.
If you need WordPress developers, we’re available for hire: Contact Objectiv
- Update tested to version.
- Update the metabox and «load a template» flow
- Update tested to version.
- Clean up the readme and make it a bit clearer what all Simple Content Templates is and does
- Fix a few spelling mistakes
- Update tested to version.
- Tweak support to send response to proper place.
- Update vendor assets.
- Fixes a fatal error… oops.
- Prevent conflict resulting in fatal error.
- Enable easier support.
- Check that the old version table exists before attempting upgrades.
- A couple of tweaks. No functional changes or bug fixes.
- Fix fatal errors. We finally replicated the fatal error in our dev environment and fixed the root cause. We are very sorry about the problems we caused!
- Re-factor activation routine to reduce chance of fatal errors.
- Fix comment support for templates.
- Fix upgrade routine to run without reactivate.
- Complete re-write. No uses same code base as Advanced Content Templates for an improved user experience, and easier code maintenance for our team.
- Fix upgrade menu item bug that causes menu to show up for non-privileged users.
- Change menu permission to edit_others_pages so that editors can manage Simple Content Templates.
- Fix one more menu related issue with Subscriber role.
- Change role requirement to manage_options from edit_dashboard so Subscribers and other low permission users can’t see SCT menu or modify settings.
- In my clean up of the last release, I forgot to apply the fixes to the template editor, which caused some abnormalities. I apologize!
- Warning: Tiny MCE isn’t a fan of PHP. If you need to do php tags in text view, switching to the Visual view will cause them to be commented out. I’d work in one view or the other.
- Tighten up HTML parsing with PHP. May make PHP parsing more strict at the expense of fewer HTML template problems.
- Fix issue loading template manually on page post type.
- Renamed plugin to Simple Content Templates. This should be a better description of what the plugin actually does!
- Fixed bug with editing an existing template where HTML was loaded improperly into editor.
- Sort templates alphabetically.
- Properly handles the WordPress propensity to add quotes to all request data.
- Disables that horrible ‘feature’ known as magic_quotes_gpc, if it is enabled (< PHP 5.4 only).
- Fixed PHP eval handling.
- UTF-8 support!
- WYSIWYG editor for post content.
- Reformatted settings page.
- Now uses singleton pattern.
- Added a few shameless plugs for Advanced Content Templates
- Bug fixes.
- Sacre bleu! A change in the way WordPress handles plugin updates 3 major releases ago prevented upgrades from 1.x to 2.x from working. This should be fixed with this release. So sorry for the confusion!
- Fixed bug where HTML in templates messed up templates layout.
- Fixed bug with 1.x to 2.x migration script. Previous versions did not work at all.
- Fixed bug that prevented proper use of HTML in templates.
- Fixed error in upgrade process. Should import old templates no matter what, now. Error in logic prevented this.
- NEW! Add / maintain multiple templates.
- Rewritten from the ground up to support OOP coding techniques, and the latest WordPress methods.
- Fixes blank excerpt problem
- Fixes deprecated options page syntax.
- Sorry for taking so long to update this.
- Fixes problem with blank excerpts.
- You can now specify a default excerpt in your template (in case you wanted to)
- Rewrote backend to use standard supported methods and less hacking.
- Completely fixed issue with template content breaking «Insert Template» button. Contents is now encoded to HEX and decoded upon insert.
- Removed upgrade option for legacy versions. I never received any feedback on this feature and suspect it was rarely used, if used at all.
- Redesigned admin panel for aesthetic and informational purposes. Now includes PHP examples and considerations.
- Fixed security issue. Now only Administrators can access admin pages.
- Moved all settings to administration pages under Settings -> Simple Content Template.
- Moved content of template and title to WordPress options.
- Provided upgrade mechanism to convert old templates to the new format. (May not work for all applications. Some may work but may be more complex than necessary.)
- Added optional «Insert Template» button to new post page. You can now determine from the settings page whether or not the template will be automatically applied to all new posts.
- Plugin is now upgrade proof. Settings are stored using WordPress’s setting functions.
- Various other improvements were made to address inefficiencies in the first version.
- Original release.
- Upload the directory «simple-post-template» to the
- Активируйте плагин используя меню ‘Плагины’ в WordPress
- Find «Content Templates» in menu on left.
- Add as many templates as you wish.
- Configure settings and select a default template for auto-fill, if desired.
Часто задаваемые вопросы
Does Simple Content Templates support multiple templates?
As of version 2.0, yes! You can add as many content templates as you would like to! Simply select the one you want to use from the sidebar in the post edit page and click «Load Template.»
Does Simple Content Templates work with pages or is it just posts?
While the primary use case is for people creating lots of blog posts with similar content, there is a setting to toggle on the Simple Content Template functionality for pages as well.
Can it work with custom post types?
For custom post type support and much more, please check out Advanced Content Templates
Can feature x be added?
At this point, Simple Content Templates is feature complete. You can get extra features by buying our pro plugin: Advanced Content Templates
Can Simple Content Template specify default custom fields and their values?
For custom fields and much more, check out Advanced Content Templates
Участники и разработчики
«Simple Content Templates for Blog Posts & Pages» — проект с открытым исходным кодом. В развитие плагина внесли свой вклад следующие участники:Участники