Most blogs are designed for hit-and-run readers. People find your blog, read your article, and leave. Wouldn’t it be nice if some of those people subscribed or shared your amazing post?
Sumo provides free tools you need to grow your WordPress site. This plugin will make it easy for your readers to join your email list, share your articles, and optimize with analytics. The free tools include:
List Builderwill let you create a fancy lightbox pop up to build email subscriptions (for MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, MyEmma, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Feedblitz, HubSpot, MyNewsletterBuilder, Inbox First, Sailthru, Klaviyo, Vero, Pardot, Zapier, Ontraport, ExactTarget, Vertical Response, Drip, MailerLite, WhatCounts, ConvertKit, MailJet, Maropost, and others).
Sharemakes it insanely easy for people to share your content on mobile or web.
Welcome Matdisplays a full-screen call-to-action that shows when visitors land on your site.
Heat Mapshelp you see where people are clicking (or not clicking) on your website.
Scroll Boxis an email collection box triggered by how far your reader makes it down the screen.
Smart Baris a Floating Bar that can appear at the top or bottom of your website. You can encourage people to subscribe to your newsletter, go to a specific page or follow you on your social networks.
Highlightermakes it easy to click to tweet about your article by selecting popular parts of your writing (like Kindle and Medium).
Image Sharermakes it simple to share your images (with a link to your post) on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
And even more great free tools in our Sumo Store.
Now, people will find your blog, read your article, share your article on Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest, and subscribe via email to your email newsletter.
- 6/20 — Smart bar can now appear at the bottom of your pages, TONS more templates for Scroll Box / Smart Bar and List Builder,
- 5/21 Added tons new List Builder design templates
- Added URL shortener for all sharing tools
- Made Scroll Box and Smart Bar (hello bar alternative) to Pro versions (AB testing, multiple popups, advanced display rules)
- Updating Heat Maps (crazyegg alternative) and Content Analytics (scroll tracking) to more automatic tracking abilities
- Added SMS and WhatsApp social sharing buttons
Our MailChimp email newsletter list builder and Twitter share button apps help WordPress users build their audiences online.
Email newsletter integration options
- MailChimp newsletter integration
- Aweber newsletter integration
- Constant Contact newsletter integration
- Campaign Monitor newsletter integration
- GetResponse newsletter integration
- ActiveCampaign newsletter integration
- MyEmma newsletter integration
- Mad Mimi newsletter integration
- Infusionsoft newsletter integration
- Feedblitz newsletter integration
- HubSpot newsletter integration
- MyNewsletterBuilder newsletter integration
- Inbox First newsletter integration
- Sailthru newsletter integration
- Klaviyo newsletter integration
- Vero newsletter integration
- Pardot newsletter integration
- Zapier newsletter integration
- Ontraport newsletter integration
- ExactTarget newsletter integration
- Vertical Response newsletter integration
- Drip newsletter integration
- MailerLite newsletter integration
- WhatCounts newsletter integration
- ConvertKit newsletter integration
- MailJet newsletter integration
- Maropost newsletter integration
Why people use MailChimp
- MailChimp has free plans
- MailChimp automatically integrates with our plugin
- MailChimp easily sends newsletters
- MailChimp handles lists of all sizes
- MailChimp can send drip campaigns (scheduled emails)
Why people use Aweber
- Aweber has a $1 first month
- Aweber automatically integrates with our plugin
- Aweber easily sends your newsletters
- Aweber scales to handle large or small lists
- Aweber can also send drip campaigns
Why you should encourage Twitter sharing
- Twitter helps you reach new readers
- Twitter shares help build your newsletter
- Twitter helps engage your current readers
- Twitter followers read your articles more often
- Twitter shares build your social reach
- Twitter sharing establishes your thought leadership
- Twitter shares encourage discussion of your posts
- Does this plugin slow down my site?
Not at all. This plugin loads asynchronously so it won’t down your site at all.
- Where do I login to Sumo?
Once you install the plugin and activate it. Go to any page on your site and you’ll see a little blue thing in the top right, click on it and then the crown icon to login.
- How can I install an app?
Once you’ve logged into Sumo, click on Sumo Store and click Install for whichever app you’d like to install. Once you have installed the List Builder app, you can integrate with MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, MyEmma, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Feedblitz, HubSpot, MyNewsletterBuilder, Inbox First, Sailthru, Klaviyo, Vero, Pardot, Zapier, Ontraport, ExactTarget, Vertical Response, Drip, MailerLite, WhatCounts, ConvertKit, MailJet, or Maropost.
- How does Highlighter work?
Once you or a visitor to your site clicks and selects a piece of text on your site, they can choose to share that text on Facebook or Twitter. Subsequent visitors will then see that text highlighted and it’ll be easier for them to share your site.
- Can I delete a highlight?
Yup. Click on the highlight while logged in. Then click on delete highlight.
- How many more emails will list builder help me get?
Most people see a double in growing their email list from the list builder application.
- What does the Smart mode mean on List Builder?
We calculate the ideal time to show a person
- Can I customize the look and feel of the popup?
You can use our default options or fully control the CSS in the advanced section.
- Do you provide instant connections to any email providers?
Yes, we provide instant integration with MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, MyEmma, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Feedblitz, HubSpot, MyNewsletterBuilder, Inbox First, Sailthru, Klaviyo, Vero, Pardot, Zapier, Ontraport, ExactTarget, Vertical Response, Drip, MailerLite, WhatCounts, ConvertKit, MailJet, and Maropost. When a user joins, their email is automatically subscribed to your MailChimp, Aweber, or other newsletter list. Alternately, you can simply download a CSV list of your newsletter subscribers.
Overall plugin 1st time all looks and feels very good to me.
Easy to use and provides all the tools I need at this stage of my blog with plenty of room to grow!
- Old school original version
- Fixed screenshots
- Made it super simple and easy to auto-resize the window.
- Redesigned dashboard and list builder email templates now available
- Added Smart Bar app to create easy email collect form at the top of your site.
- Show apps for configuring in WordPress admin
- Disable CloudFlare RocketLoader
- Ignore admin iframes
- Added way more integrations
- images, yay
- images, updated instructions
- Added new integrations (MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, MyEmma, Mad Mimi, Infusionsoft, Feedblitz, HubSpot, MyNewsletterBuilder, Inbox First, Sailthru, Klaviyo, Vero, Pardot, Zapier, Ontraport, ExactTarget, Vertical Response, Drip, MailerLite, WhatCounts, ConvertKit, MailJet, Maropost)
- Integration with WordPress Admin.
- Statistics inside WordPress dashboard.
- Better on-boarding.
- CSS and pathname fixes
- CSS, notification bubble, and more random Site ID
- Fixes site ID conflict
- Fixes logout redirect, and updated WordPress tested version.
- Added social media. Fixed help link.
- Updating versions.
- Upgrading users that inserted the Sumo tag manually.
- Sumo transition
- Sumo transition. Added more information to statistics section. Fixed broken link.